Monday, February 07, 2005

Music

'The art of arranging sounds in time so as to produce a continuous, unified, and evocative composition, as through melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre' is the definition of music according to dictionary.com. Music dominates our lives. Music makes us afraid during a scary movie, it makes us cry, it makes us dance. It is through music that one is able to express his or her emotions. There are different types of music. Rap, pop, hip-pop, classic, country, ect. I like all types of music so long as there is no cursing involved in it. My favorite rapper is Tu Pac. My favorite song is "I ain't mad at ya." I listen to music when I am doing my homework or when I am driving or watching television. My favorite music instrument is piano. Although I personally cannot play piano but listens to it whenever I can. Music takes all my stress away and relaxes me. My favorite pianist is Yanni.
I also listen to Hindi (Indian) Music; because Hindi songs have a story or a message behind it. The other reason why I like Hindi music is because it rhymes unlike some free flowing music. Musicians spend months try to compose a good song that rhyms and has a message behind it but not all succeed. Music is an extracurricular activity for some; for others its their lives. Nobody is born with the talent of playing any music instrument it is through practice that one becomes successful. Music can not be seen it is supposed to be felt. Music is something we enjoy and must be preserved at all cost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home